The Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) Research Symposium is an exciting opportunity to acknowledge the achievements and showcase the ground breaking research being conducted here at the MHTP.
Why should you attend MHTP Research Symposium?
- Discover some of the ground-breaking research being conducted at our precinct.
- Network with colleagues from other disciplines – you may meet a potential collaborator!
- Learn about the translational impact of our research.
- Invited keynote speaker Professor Ian Frazer AC. Professor Frazer is a clinician scientist, trained as a clinical immunologist in Scotland. As a professor at the University of Queensland, he leads a research group working at TRI in Brisbane on the immunobiology of epithelial cancers. He is recognised as co-inventor of the technology enabling the HPV vaccines, currently used worldwide to help prevent cervical cancer. He heads a biotechnology company, Admedus Vaccines, working on new vaccine technologies, and is a board member of several companies and not for profit organisations. He is current president of the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences, and a member of the Commonwealth Science Council. Most recently appointed Chair of the Federal Government’s Medical Research Future Fund. He was recognised as Australian of the Year in 2006. He was recipient of the Prime Ministers Prize for Science, and of the Balzan Prize, in 2008, and was elected Fellow of the Royal Society of London in 2012.
- Poster competitions with generous prizes
- Early Career Researchers’ ‘Best of Emerging Researchers’ presentations and networking event
- Wednesday 7 November 10:00am - 5:00pm, MHTP PhD Student Showcase Symposium, Seminar Rooms, MHTP Translational Research Facility (TRF)
- This symposium will showcase the best of 2nd and 3rd year MHTP based PhD students selected from Monash University departments (School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health), Hudson Institute and Monash Centre for Health Research and Implementation (student attendance will be recorded). Register here
- Wednesday 7 November 2:00pm - 5:00pm ECR Speed Networking, Seminar Room 3, Translational Research Facility (TRF)
- Register here
- Thursday 8 November 9:00am - 6:30pm, Translational Research Symposium, Seminar Rooms, MHTP Translational Research Facility (TRF)
- Register here
- Thursday 8 November 2:00pm - 4:15pm, Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Research Seminar 1, Lecture Theatre, Dandenong Hospital
- Friday 9 November 12:45pm - 3:30pm, Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Research Seminar 2, Monash Health Kingston Education Centre, Room A
CLICK HERE for further information.